No bulk import access for ACW user w/ researcher level + edit collaborations

In which Wildbook did the issue occur? ACW

What operating system were you using? Win 10

What web browser were you using? latest chrome

What is your role on the site? researcher

What happened?
A new user was set up with researcher-level permissions as a member of the AB org. She established an edit level collaboration with 2 other users from the same org. When she goes to the Bulk Import logs, however, she doesn’t have an option to “Click here to see all bulk imports”.

She needs access to the bulk imports of these 2 other users in their organization and vice versa.

I’ll send the screenshots showing the bulk import page without the “Click here to see all bulk imports” link as well as the screenshot of the edit collaborations she has in place to the services@ email address.

What did you expect to happen?

I thought that @jason had already configured the ability for researcher-level roles to be able to access the bulk imports of users that they have edit-level collaborations with already - am I wrong/dreaming? I see this feature request was accepted but not resolved. I also know that the 2nd item in that feature request was delivered. And I was pretty sure I had heard that the other item, re: researcher access to collaborator’s bulk imports, was also already delivered but I could be wrong???

thanks!
Maureen

Let me do some digging in my inbox to verify what exactly got implemented and I’ll check in with Jason if I find it’s not working as it’s meant to.

1 Like

We haven’t forgotten about this. We’re researching solutions this week.

1 Like

I’m sorry for the late follow-up on this one. I’ve gotten confirmation that this was fully patched recently.

The security checks performed are:

• Is this your bulk import?
  • Are you collaborating with this user?
  • And are you an org admin of this user?

Additionally, there should now just be one spot to view bulk imports in Bulk Import Logs (instead of both in Bulk Import Logs and View My Bulk Imports).

This is great! One question though - what’s the check for org admin doing? Is it allowing anyone with that role to access the bulk imports of researchers within the same org without requiring a collaboration between them? If so, that’s fantastic. I just want to be sure I understand.

thanks!
Maureen

Yes, that’s my understanding. For org admins, they should only see the imports belonging to the users of their org.

1 Like