No detection on some pictures in Bulk Import

Hi!

Im working on uploading data to Zebra Wildbook using the Bulk Import feature.
In some of my recent imports, I’ve noticed that even after I have sent my images to detection and the interface indicates that the process is complete, some of the pictures still do not have annotation boxes.
For instance, in import task 3684e8ca-f39b-419b-912b-9c816e9c5d7e (Wildbook for Zebras | Login) from earlier today, encounters 4d76687a, cf854545, and fda12397 of Grevy’s zebras do not present with annotations.
According to the information at the bottom of the picture (when you expand it from within the encounter page), the Detection Status is “processing”. However, this also happened with a few images I imported yesterday, and it never resolved.
This is problematic because it impedes matching, and though I can get around it by manually annotating the image, I was wondering if it might have to do with some sort of bug.

Thanks,
Fiona

Hi, @fiona_logansankey !
Thanks for reporting this. I can confirm that I’m seeing the same thing you’re seeing for encounter 4d76687a.

I can also confirm that there are no lingering jobs on zebra’s IA back log, so this might indeed be some kind of bug.

We’ll look into it. It’s being tracked internally under ticket WB-1631. I suspect that it might be related to a similar issue we were seeing with bulk import in Flukebook.

Cheers,
Mark

1 Like

Hi, @fiona_logansankey !
Just now following up on this. We’ve updated zebra with some bug fixes of related issues on other Wildbooks, and it’s looking like this was resolved (e.g., 4d76687a looks like has an annotation and ID matches).

Can you confirm?

Thanks,
Mark

Thanks @MarkF ! It does appear to be fixed.
-Fiona

1 Like