In which Wildbook did the issue occur? ACW
What operating system were you using? (eg. MacOS 10.15.3) Win 10 Latest
What web browser were you using? (eg. Chrome 79) Chrome latest
What is your role on the site? (admin, researcher, etc) Admin
What happened? Changed photographer email and lost Photographer name
What did you expect to happen? Photographer name would be assigned
These three sightings affected
What are some steps we could take to reproduce the issue?
If this is a bulk import report, send the spreadsheet to firstname.lastname@example.org with the email subject line matching your bug report
The full name is not set on the User corresponding to that email address.
Filter for the email address and click on the account.
On the bottom of the page, you should be able to set the name for the User, which should then populate anywhere that User is referenced. I did this for “Mik Peach”:
The Encounter now correctly shows the name.
One consistent theme across recent support requests is that Encounters point at a list of Users as submitters and a list of Users as photographers. This is how we support name changes, affiliation changes, email changes, and even the “right to forget” without having to make thousands of changes across Encounter records. Rather, we can change it on the User object in one place, and that change is then referenced everywhere.
I did not look far enough when looking for Users before.