Not able to add photographer name in Contact Info on Encounter record

What Wildbook are you working in? ACW

What is the entire URL out of the browser, exactly where the error occurred?
https://africancarnivore.wildbook.org/encounters/encounter.jsp?number=b089e692-b3f3-493b-82af-ad00ddf72a16

Can you describe what the issue is you’re experiencing?

I’m not able to enter the photographer’s name as well as email address into the encounter record. Email addresses don’t always contain a person’s name or full name so being able to add that separately is needed.

This is working as expected. It will display the user information and the affiliation associated with the user account, and the user account is linked to an email. This is an extension of our continuing discussion, not a support issue.

Tanya

Okay, I thought that might be the case and I understand. However, I think I’ll log this as a separate feature request because it can be viewed slightly separately. Thanks.

Hi,

I’m bringing this topic up because this bug is indeed one, in my opinion.

When entering an encounter fir the first time through “submit an encounter”, you can enter a photographer name and an email address, without these corresponding to existing user accounts.
(In fact I think it actually “creates an invisible account” with these elements.)

See here :

It is indeed saved in the encounter, see here :

If you later want to modify this email address in the encounter, you can only “remove” the Photographer’s Name+email address set :
See here :

Then you can enter only an email address and no longer a name (which you could earlier) :
(as you can see in this fake example, I first made voluntarily a mistake in the email adress that was idontexist@reallynot.fr and not idontexist@reallynot.com. But the name was right (Mikael Just an example).

So now I can do less than when I first submited the encounter :

You should be able to enter a name and email address again, like in the “submit an encounter” form. It is necessary for example if one made a mistake in the email adress on the first time.

1 Like