Not able to adoption a specific individual

What Wildbook are you working in?

What is the entire URL out of the browser, exactly where the error occurred?

Can you describe what the issue is you’re experiencing?
This is a new encounter I just submitted into Sharkbook. But when I go to “Nickname Me!” and went through the adoption payment process, I was not looped back to where you can nickname this individual. Instead I was brought to the gallery and prompted to select an individual. But I was not able to find it on the gallery just by scrolling through. I then tried typed in his ID in the search engine and found his page. I clicked “Nickname Me!” again, it prompted me to do the donation payment again. Due to this circle, my bank account has 3 pending charges now

Can you provide steps on how to reproduce what you’re experiencing?
This is a new encounter I just submitted into Sharkbook. But when I go to “Nickname Me!” and went through the adoption payment process, I was not looped back to where you can nickname this individual. Instead I was brought to the gallery and prompted to select an individual. But I was not able to find it on the gallery just by scrolling through. I then tried typed in his ID in the search engine and found his page. I clicked “Nickname Me!” again, it prompted me to do the donation payment again. Due to this cycle, my bank account has 3 pending charges now. Please help! Thank you very much!

If this is a bulk import report, send the spreadsheet to services@wildme.org with the email subject line matching your bug report

Hi @Charlottehuiying,

I was updating tags in the forum recently and it may have made recent posts less visible. I’m adding this reply to bring it back toward the top of the forum timeline. Thanks for your patience while we research this!

I’ll need some more time to look into this, @Charlottehuiying. I hope to have an update for you soon.

Hi @Anastasia,

Thank you so much for checking in with my issue.

I ran the adoption of G-377 just now and unfortunately, the same issue occurred, where my bank account is charged but I’m not able to nickname the individual I picked. It keeps looping me back to the donation page where I fill in my bank account info. I have been charged 4 times and have not been able to adopt the individuals (G-377 & G-370) that I submitted

Is there anything I’m doing wrong?

Thank you and Happy Holidays!

Happy holidays to you, too!

Thanks for letting me know. Previously you said the charges to your account were pending. Can you clarify if they’re still showing as pending transactions or if they’re posted as charges?

Until I’ve verified that this has been resolved, please don’t attempt any more adoptions.

Because I need to consult with others who may still be out for the holidays, it may take me more time to have an answer for you. Thanks for hanging in there; I appreciate your patience.

Hi @Anastasia

I just went in to my bank account and confirmed that it was charged 4 times + a pending from the recent attempt.

And no worries! I will wait for your instructions then. Thank you so much for looking into it!

Best,
Charlotte

Additional question: The individual shark you linked to doesn’t appear to exist anymore. Are you able to provide me with an updated URL for the encounter?

For background, the adoption feature allows folks to adopt the encounter, but nicknaming can only happen after it’s been confirmed as a new or marked individual.

Ahhh Yes! There was some mistakes so I had to resubmit it but you can find the new encounters links below:

G-370
G-377

What would happen if the adoption or nicknaming was successful? Would I be getting an email confirmation? I didn’t get any confirmation.

Thanks for the updated links! Let me see what we can do to get these two adopted, address the extra charges, and confirm what a successful adoption workflow should look like.

Tagging @jason to help me troubleshoot Sharkbook adoptions when he’s available.

Hi @Charlottehuiying

My apologies that this is happening. I have refunded all transactions I can see back to your card for a total of $18.13, which should arrive in a few business days. However, I believe that these are recurring donations and that you will still need to cancel them on your end in Donorbox. I would recommend this so you don’t get overcharged again in the future.

I’ll now look at the adoptions themselves.

Thanks,
Jason

Hi @Anastasia @Charlottehuiying

I’ll enter the adoptions manually since it looks like the software did not connect the payment to the adoption form. @Charlottehuiying can you please send an email to jason at wildme dot org and include the following:

• a nickname for each shark

• an optional photo to include with the adoption

• the name to list with the adoption

• an optional quote to include with the adoption

I’ll add those items, which appear at the bottom of each individual shark’s page, except the nickname which appears near the top.

Thank you and apologies that you have hot this issue with our software.

-Jason

1 Like

Hi @jason Thank you so much for looking into the adoption issue and refund as well! I have canceled the reoccurring payment so it should be good! Also, the email with all the info you have requested has been email to you. Please let me know if there’s anything else I should provide!

Resolved separately via email.

Thank you so much for all your help @jason & @Anastasia!!! This community is amazing!

2 Likes