Not seeing all unapproved encounters

If this is a bulk import report, send the spreadsheet to services@wildme.org with the email subject line matching your bug report

In which Wildbook did the issue occur?
Spotting Giant Sea Bass

What operating system were you using? (eg. MacOS 10.15.3)
MacOS 14.4.1

What web browser were you using? (eg. Chrome 79)
safari 17.4.1

What is your role on the site? (admin, researcher, etc)
Admin/researcher

What happened?
We recently created a new user account for one of our researchers (Lyndsey McNeill), but she’s not able to view all unapproved encounters when she goes to Search > Encounters > Metadata > Encounter Status > Unapproved > Apply. She is only able to see four unapproved encounters, when there should be 100+. Other researchers on our team are able to see 100+, so we’re not sure what’s going on with her account. We gave her full admin/researcher/etc permissions, but that didn’t seem to solve the problem.

What did you expect to happen?
To be able to view all 100+ unapproved encounters

What are some steps we could take to reproduce the issue?

Can you let me know if she’s able to see the full list using this URL and then clicking on the Apply button?

https://spottinggiantseabass.msi.ucsb.edu/react/encounter-search?state=unapproved

She was not able to see the full list at that URL. She was only able to see 11 encounters. See screenshot

Hi @mollymorse

I have the same level of [permissions but cannot reproduce this. Would it be OK if we logged in as Lyndsey to test this more directly?

Yes that’s fine. Let me know if you need her credentials

@jason following up on this, as Lyndsey is still experiencing this bug. Did you still need her login credentials to check it out? If so, let me know if there’s a secure way to share that. Thanks.

Hi @mollymorse

I was able to log in as Lyndsey and I can see 39 unapproved encounters as her:

Does she have an adblocker on her browser? If so, have her disable it for Wildbook. Sometimes those can block site elements that aren’t ads and prevent sites from displaying properly. Let her know to reset her password because I had to change it to investigate.

Hi @Anastasia ,

Lyndsey doesn’t have any ad blockers for Safari.

She is seeing 60 unapproved encounters now, the earliest one was submitted on September 18th. She’s still unable to view encounters prior to that.

Can you let me know if she experiences the same issue when trying a different browser?

Yes, per Lyndsey: “I tried using safari and chrome and I made sure there were no ad blockers for each. I was only able to see 46 unapproved encounters on both safari and chrome.”

Hi @mollymorse

I’m still working on this. If I need to temporarily change Lyndsey’s password again, I’ll let you know in advance.