Nov 7/23: ACW bulk imports stuck in detection

What Wildbook are you working in? ACW

What is the entire URL out of the browser, exactly where the error occurred?

1. Wildbook for Carnivores | Login
  2. Wildbook for Carnivores | Login

Can you describe what the issue is you’re experiencing?
The above bulk imports were sent to detection about 45mins ago. The timing says 3mins is the average processing time per job. That hasn’t changed since I sent these to detection.

#1 bulk import link above was sent to detection first; then I uploaded #2 and sent that to detection just a few minutes later.

Neither is showing any detections completed so far. I’ve sent both spreadsheets to the services @ email address.

These spreadsheets were generated via a script to export the data from the organization’s internal data management system. A test last week didn’t have any issues so I’m hoping the spreadsheet isn’t the issue but I’ve sent them anyway, as this export function will be used to get all of their data from their system into our Wildbooks. If changes to the export are needed for these to work properly in this platform, I need to notify them asap.

thanks!
Maureen

Update: RESOLVED!!! Yay. thanks very much. Detection is now complete.

1 Like

Those time frames are estimates based on how long it’s taken recent detection jobs to complete and not a real-time estimate of how long the current job will take. If there’s an uptick in import activity because of a busy day, that’s not going to be immediately captured in the estimated wait time.

Hi @Anastasia - I understand how the average processing time is calculated, but it was unusual for the detections to show as 0/77 for 2+ hours (continuously showing the 3min avg time for processing) and then, within about 1/2hr, all were completed. I think the # completed within a batch might not be reflecting the actual completions at a given point in time.