Number of results change the matches showed

In which Wildbook did the issue occur? Lynx

What operating system were you using? (eg. MacOS 10.15.3) Win 11

What web browser were you using? (eg. Chrome 79) Brave 1.6

What is your role on the site? (admin, researcher, etc)
admin

What happened?

What did you expect to happen?
Different results match when I change the number of results.

What are some steps we could take to reproduce the issue?
Changing the number of results

Thanks!!! :slight_smile:

If this is a bulk import report, send the spreadsheet to services@wildme.org with the email subject line matching your bug report

Hi @AntonAB , from your screenshot it looks like the system was only able to find 9 possible match candidates. The default is 12. If it finds less than 12, then increasing the number of results won’t increase the list of matches because there aren’t more to display.

I hope that makes sense.

Cheers
Maureen

Hi @Maureen
I think there is something more. When I use the default (12) no match is shown, but when I change to 40 or another random number sometimes some candidates are found.
Also, another strange behaviour I have had this afternoon with Hotspotter.

Cheers!
AntĂłn

Hi @Anastasia, I am no longer able to reproduce the issue! So we can close it.
Thanks!

I’ll leave this open for a little longer because I’m a little concerned about the ways that Lynx is misbehaving lately. I need time to dig a little deeper just as a precaution.

Nice!
Just to confirm, are the spatial verification and the background “blurring” on?
Tomorrow morning I will show Wildbook to a partner and this afternoon/ night I have had some misbehaving that could be this reason.

Thanks a lot @Anastasia!!!

I celebrated victory too soon, the problem is back again. When I input 2, I get 2, but when I input 12, I only get 1.

1 Like

It Is. You can tell because when you click the “inspect” button in your match results, you’ll see the highlighted areas on the lynx’s spots only. If it was off, you would see both the lynx and the background with hotspots highlighted.

I think this was either a caching issue or may have gotten fixed with a WBIA start in Lynx today. When I left the match page open for a a few minutes, it actually loaded 3 match candidates on the link for 12 results (they’re all of the same individual, but it does at least show different images for each rank).

My question was cause some results with the same ID are like this, is this normal?

Thanks a lot, Anastasia!!

1 Like

Can you share the link to this Encounter or match result so I can look into this?

Ok, the next time I will share the link, this was a snapshot that I did and copied in a PowerPoint but is quite often the background matching on the recent bulk imports.
For example…all the results are background matching when you inspect them.

Thanks! The example link is normal behavior considering it’s such a dark photo and the grasses stand out more than the spots. Background masking and spatial verification is built into the lynx Wildbook, so it should be working properly.