OrgAdmin role sees non-org members & non-collaborators in list of bulk imports

In which Wildbook did the issue occur? ACW & Whiskerbook

What operating system were you using? Win 11

What web browser were you using? latest chrome

What is your role on the site? OrgAdmin

What happened?
I logged in with an OrgAdmin role, without higher level access. This user account has some collaborations however, in both ACW & Whiskerbook, the list of bulk imports shows those of all users, even those with whom I don’t have a collaboration and those who aren’t in the org that I’m admin of.

The good news is that when I click on an import that I shouldn’t have access to, I get an “access denied” message and I see none of that user’s data.

The pain part here is the volume of other users’ bulk imports means that I have to use one or a series of filters to get to the bulk imports of people within my organization. Which also means I have to know which members of my organization have done uploads, which for organizations like Panthera, can get quite painful.

It would be great if the list of bulk imports could reflect only those of users that are part of my organization and/or that I have collaborations with.

thanks!
Maureen

What did you expect to happen?

What are some steps we could take to reproduce the issue?

If this is a bulk import report, send the spreadsheet to services@wildme.org with the email subject line matching your bug report

1 Like

I’ve changed this from a Bug Report to a Feature Request since the site is working correctly in restricting which imports you have access to and this is a request to further refine an existing feature.

Just to clarify, I posted this as a bug because it used to work the way I described prior to the change to having my bulk imports combined on a single screen with those of my “collaborators”. That is, when we had to click to a 2nd screen to see other imports I had access to that belonged to other users. That second screen only displayed the list of bulk imports that I should have access to, not the thousands belonging to all users.

Also, the line at the top of the page reads “The following is a list of your bulk imports as well as those of your collaborators.” This is not true for OrgAdmins who see a list of all users’ bulk imports.

So I believe this qualifies as a bug - it no longer works as it did previously and it doesn’t work as described on the page.

Validated as a bug. We have a fix in place that will be deployed soon: drop orgadmin from adminmode for imports by TanyaStere42 · Pull Request #371 · WildMeOrg/Wildbook · GitHub