Queued unidentified photos

Hi Jason,
They have been delays in Bulk import since Monday 14th Nov. Identification pipeline status shows “identification step” has zero queued job yet the photos are not ready for identification.

Kindly assist us.
Sighting 9f99abe4-dd8c-4e7f-ab6d-af69385a62a9 • Zebra Codex (wildme.org)

1 Like

Hi Jason,

I am having the same issues.

Sighting 203acb03-22cc-4725-a289-44bc3f36e7f1 • Zebra Codex (wildme.org)

Please advise.

Hi @Margaret and @Rosemary

The queue was very full of hundreds of ID jobs. It has now completed all of its work. You should be able to run ID again and get faster results.

Two issues emerged that we are working to fix and understand:

1. ID jobs are notusing the HotSpotter cache correctly, and we’re working on a minor code fix here. This should speed up matching ID jobs.

2. @Margaret The link to the sighing above looks like a bug. We are investigating.

Thank you,
Jason

Jason,
Thank you for your reply, however the queue is not complete yet to run ID’s.

Secondly, we have uploads for John Naisiki which are not available in the sightings. He had committed more than 200 photos on November 14th. Please how do we trace them to complete identification.

Regards,

Hi Jason,
I deleted all my Bulk import in queue and started new Bulk import which have not gone through identification since 29th Nov.
Kindly assist.

Sighting eb21473f-5765-4fdd-89d9-0dbbdfce8c0a • Zebra Codex (wildme.org)

hi rosemary. i have re-run the identification on the eb2147... sighting you link to above. it looks like it has completed this time. please check out the match results.

i will look into the John Naisiki upload next.

Hi Jon,
Thanks for your reply however I would request you to check all my August 10th 2022 uploads since I have many that couldn’t run identification even now.

regarding the naisiki sightings: i have made a fix on searching that should allow these to show up now. when i now choose the “Explore Sightings” option from the top, and Filter owner to “naisiki” it now shows 1719 matches, including several hundred from the 11/14-11/16 creation range.

i also fixed a problem where new ID requests were getting ignored. so you sould be able to choose the menu item Re-run identification now and see results. i confirmed with the one example sighting you give above, and it now has Match Results for you to examine.

https://zebra.wildme.org/sightings/a4c673c4-8688-458e-9978-7f4ba5ef1e26

Thanks Jon,
I have seen it’s doable but is it’s there a way of “Re_run Identification” for the whole bulk upload instead of doing it on each individual?

currently this feature is not available, but it is being looked at as a potential future feature.