'Remove annotation' is removing the image from encounter

In which Wildbook did the issue occur? GiraffeSpotter

What operating system were you using? (eg. MacOS 10.15.3) Windows 11 Pro

What web browser were you using? (eg. Chrome 79) Chrome Version 124.0.6367.118

What is your role on the site? (admin, researcher, etc) Admin

What happened? When I click to remove annotation from an image due to incorrect animal inside bounding box, it removes the entire image from the encounter instead of the annotation.

What did you expect to happen? When I click to remove annotation, it removes the annotation (bounding box) only and the image remains.

What are some steps we could take to reproduce the issue? It does this ~80% of the time, so a few tries at removing annotation to repeat the condition may be required

If this is a bulk import report, send the spreadsheet to services@wildme.org with the email subject line matching your bug report

Hi @CourtneyMarne

This isn’t a bug; this happens when you remove an annotation from a cloned encounter. You can tell if you’re working from a cloned encounter if you see this in the encounter’s audit trail:

NOTE: cloneWithoutAnnotations([original encounterID]) -> [current encounterID]

There are workarounds to this (such as saving the image you’re working on locally so you can upload it again when it gets removed from the encounter or keeping the source encounter open in a separate tab and adding a new annotation from there), but I think it would make a valid feature request if you want to submit it as one.

Ah, thanks so much for the explanation @Anastasia !
I will submit as a feature request, thanks again.

1 Like