Retrieving photo exif data

In which Wildbook did the issue occur?
Spotting Giant Sea Bass

What operating system were you using? (eg. MacOS 10.15.3)
Windows 10

What web browser were you using? (eg. Chrome 79)
Chrome 103.0.5060.134

What is your role on the site? (admin, researcher, etc)
Admin

What happened?
One of our users reported the following concern: “Regarding the Spotting GSB website, I used to be able to click on the camera icon In “Data Types” in order to retrieve the exif data from the images we submitted. This way I could cross-reference the official ID with our image ID’s. This feature is no longer available and it would be very helpful if it could be restored.”

I’m not entirely sure how to reproduce this, as this is not a feature I had ever used, but I wanted to bring it up to the WildMe team in case this was an easy fix. Not a big deal if it isn’t.

If this is a bulk import report, send the spreadsheet to services@wildme.org with the email subject line matching your bug report

Hi @mollymorse

Unfortunately, I am not even familiar with this feature. Is there any chance to user can at least point us at where in the user interface this happened? I am not familiar with a “Data Types” section in Wildbook.

Thanks,
Jason

@jason I think we can let this one go. I haven’t gotten any more info from the users who brought this up, and it’s pretty low priority from our perspective. Thanks

Molly

1 Like