SharkBook - Number of sharks in cave

Hi. working in the new SharkBook and I can see that the field where we used to record estimated number of sharks at the cave has disappeared. Are you able to re-instate this feature please?

@Sarah_Aus_SpotaShark Do you have any details about this previous implementation? I can’t find an email thread or doc about it. I need to know where to look to see how it was previously implemented.

Hi @jason
I do not have any screenshots of the old website anymore, but it was one of the questions in Spot a Shark Australia for when people upload their photos. It was within the " [Do You Have Advanced Information? Click here to expand" section.
Sarah

Hi @Sarah_Aus_SpotaShark

Digging a little bit deeper, the feature needs to be done in two parts:

1. Migration from an older data type called a Dynamic Property called “# sharks in cave” to its proper location which is the data field Occurrence.bestGroupSizeEstimate.

2. Implementation on the sighting report form under Advanced Information and wired to store the data properly in Occurrence.bestGroupSizeEstimate.

I have filed this as Task WB-1880. We will report back here with future progress.

Thanks,
Jason

1 Like