Sharkbook - photos not uploading for new encounters

In which Wildbook did the issue occur? Sharkbook

What operating system were you using? Windows

What web browser were you using? Firefox

What is your role on the site? Admin

What happened?

I have been trying to load bulk import and it wouldnt work. So then I started to upload each file individually, but the images are not saving across when the new encounters are loading.

Hi @Sarah_Aus_SpotaShark

We ran out of disk space over the weekend and have since resolved the issue temporarily by freeing up space on the disk. I will be working to double the drive size this week to ensure we can keep growing data. But the system is fully operation currently.

Thank you,
Jason

Hi Jason

I am still encountering the same issue. I have been trying to upload photos and they just won’t save - they are only 215kb, so shouldnt be anything to do with the size of the files. But when I try to upload it hangs.

For example, in this encounter, I have tried to upload a 215kb file but I have been waiting 15mins and it still has not finished uploading. Sharkbook: Wildbook for Sharks

(follow on note, after 16mins it finished uploading - but adding spots took almost 10mins)

Hi @Sarah_Aus_SpotaShark

It looks like your encounter did complete, and I see two images attached.

I just tried a separate upload, and the images appeared normally.

I will ask some other staff to test upload as well.

Thank you,
Jason

I’ve tested with a couple of uploads this morning and the images uploaded right away as well as the annotations. I do notice that spot maps are hanging on “saving spot data…” but was otherwise able to start spot mapping within the usual amount of time.

Yep confirming its fixed - seems to be much faster and also now the bulk uploads are working again thank you

1 Like