Spot a Shark Aus - Default Site IDs and Default country for all encounters?

Whenever we upload an encounter we have to add Australia from the dropdown list - could this be made as default across all photos submitted?
I was also wondering if users could be either forced to select a location ID from the list of study sites when they upload an encounter. To do this can we add a location ID that says “OTHER East Coast Location” so that we can capture any new aggregation sites if found?

What Wildbook are you working in? Spot a Shark Australia

Hi, @Sarah_Aus_SpotaShark !
How much have you experimented with the bulk import feature?

That might help address some of the monotony of having to continuously click on the same location ID for lots of encounters.

-Mark

Hi @MarkF, I have not used it much yet as all my photos are of different dates and usually have different photographers and so it would be difficult to bulk import.

Hi, @Sarah_Aus_SpotaShark !
My recommendation would be to do bulk import. If you mess up or forget something in the spreadsheet that you need to include, you can just delete the bulk import and upload a new one.

Despite the learning curve and even with lots of different dates and photographers, IMHO it’s certainly much easier than manually filling out all of the form components for each encounter upload.

I’d recommend testing it out with one or two rows (a.k.a. encounters) until you get all of the columns that you want to use right, and then fleshing out a real, full spreadsheet.

Also, to avoid a future pitfall, I’d also recommend not sending things to detection or identification until you’re happy with your final import and don’t plan on deleting it, because image analysis on multiple bulk imports can get super taxing on the system.

Ok I will give this a go, thanks

1 Like

@Sarah_Aus_SpotaShark I’m going to mark this as resolved. Holler if that’s not true; it’s reversible.

Thanks,
Mark