Stuck in "detection requests sent" for days

What Wildbook are you working in?

Amphibian and reptile wildbook

Can you describe what the issue is you’re experiencing?

I have uploaded three bulk import sheets with pictures of yellow-bellied toads, and the import has worked fine so far. However, since then, the process for all three has been stuck and is not moving an inch: " Data Import Status: complete
Computer Vision Status: detection requests sent (0/91 complete). Each detection job in the queue is currently averaging a turnaround time of 139 minutes.
Refreshing results in 50 seconds."

Can you provide steps on how to reproduce what you’re experiencing?
I can not. Everything about the bulk import worked fine.

If this is a bulk import report, send the spreadsheet to with the email subject line matching your bug report
Can do, but as stated above, I don’t think it’s about the spreadsheets. One hint from a coworker was that the images might be not sufficient, i.e. the toad bellies make up only a small proportion of the frame and the AI is not able to annotate correctly. However, the process being stuck before even having started detection, I don’t think this is the case either.

Thanks so much in advance! And best regards!


Hi @LennartHudel

Thanks for letting us know. I’ll work on getting these unstuck today and I’ll update here once that’s done.

1 Like

I’ve just pushed these through detection.

Let me know if you still don’t see any progress on these.

Thank you. So far, no changes - still all three stuck at “0/XY”. But I’ll wait overnight and then we’ll see if anything has happened :slight_smile:

1 Like

@Anastasia still stuck with none of the three having started, just FYI

We’ve learned there’s a bug in WBIA that’s preventing yellow-bellied toads imports from completing. I hope to have an update soon.

Your imports completed detection and I just sent them to identification.