Stuck on 'attempting to fetch results' when matching

Hello!

When trying to match results on Internet of Turtles, I am repeatedly getting stuck on ‘attempting to fetch results’. I’m not sure if my connection is the problem, but this is happening with the vast majority of my submissions.

I’m using windows 10 on Chrome for this.

Thanks,
Rosie

Hi, Rosie!
Welcome to the WildMe community forum!

It will be super helpful to us if you could provide links to specific encounters where you getting stuck so that we can try to reproduce the issue. Any chance you have those handy?
Many thanks,
Mark

Hi Mark,

Thanks for your response. Now I have managed to match and finalise them all but it is a reoccurring problem with any new encounters I add. It tends to work after a certain amount of time, so I try to upload them in the morning and ID in the afternoon or the following day.

I can add a new encounter so that you can see the problem, if that helps?

Thanks,
Rosie

Hi, Rosie!
I support your workflow idea!
It sounds like it might be a connectivity issue or maybe an issue having to do with IoT running ID on many uploads.
The next time it happens, could I ask that you tag Me or Tanya with an “@” here, and I’ll try to see if I’m seeing the same thing that you are in a more timely fashion :sweat_smile:.
Alternatively, if you could screen grab a quick video of it (preferred), or, failing that, snap a screenshot or two?

Many thanks,
Mark

I am having the same issue. It randomly works. It happens frequently after I ‘start another match’ to match my new entry up against ‘my data’ and correct region.
@MarkF @tanyastere

attempting to fetch results|690x374, 75%

1 Like

Hi, @noaahawaii !
https://iot.wildbook.org/iaResults.jsp?taskId=6da1534e-29eb-4c97-8fd1-bedcc355dc72
Looks to be loading ok now. Did you guys doing something to get that working again, or did it just kind of happen eventually?

Also, could I put in a request going forward that pasting a link to the error would be super helpful (otherwise, we have to type and mis-type the URL in your screenshot)?

Many thanks,
Mark

Hey all, Hey @MarkF and @tanyastere,

I’m having the same issue now with the Amphibian and Reptile Wildbook.
It worked perfectly well for the first >1300 photos, but somehow the error occurs, when I’m trying to match the newly uploaded photos.
Did you find any solution yet? :thinking:

Thanks,
Pia

https://amphibian-reptile.wildbook.org/iaResults.jsp?taskId=9b907369-6364-4f2a-82c5-c1250a862f8e&projectIdPrefix=MB21%20re

1 Like

Seems to be a common problem, I also experienced that problem some while back though it has worked the last few times. I use GiraffeSpotter

1 Like

Hi, @Pia (and everyone, really)!
Your issue may be unrelated. One of our machine learning guys noted that there was some unexpected slow behavior on Amphibian over the weekend and this morning. He’s looking into it, and I’ll report back.

Generally, this may be related to some bugs that have been fixed and are making the rounds into wildbook updates across platforms. This may explain recent improved behavior for GiraffeSpotter that @letom is reporting, as giraffespotter just got the update last week.
-M