Trouble identifying an individual

What Wildbook are you working in?
Internet of Turtles

What is the entire URL out of the browser, exactly where the error occurred?

Can you describe what the issue is you’re experiencing?
When looking at the results, I was able to ID the turtle. However, there was another encounter which also matches the turtle in question. I wasn’t able to match it though as it tells me that I am an unauthorized user. I was able to find the encounter through the encounter search but it says that the submitter is N/A and there is no email in the contact information. I am therefore unsure of who to contact or how to ID the turtle.

Can you provide steps on how to reproduce what you’re experiencing?
Start a new match for this encounter: Internet of Turtles by using the second image and with location ID filters: Red Sea only checked in. The 1st turtle in the results is the one in question with a score of 1.786.

Here are also screenshots if it is of any help.

If this is a bulk import report, send the spreadsheet to services@wildme.org with the email subject line matching your bug report

Hi @linaelsayed03

Apologies for the delayed response on this issue. I have assigned this public Encounter to you (no submitter information is available strangely), so you should now be able to set its ID. If you bump into this more often, we need to define a policy for the publicly submitted encounters to ensure they can be assigned by you.

Please let me know if this issue is resolved.

Thank you,
Jason

Hi @Jason

Thank you for your help, I also apologize for getting back to you late. I will let you know if this happens again, it seems however that when the submitter is described as public I have no issues identifying the turtle and I can easily assign it to an individual. The issue seems to arise from N/A submitters.

Thank you again,
Lina El Sayed Aly

1 Like