Trouble with Org/affiliation assignment / conflict

What Wildbook are you working in? ACW

What is the entire URL out of the browser, exactly where the error occurred?
All bulk imports with the Occurrence ID beginning with: BPC_OvrvwWtd_Fldr
Which are all under the same User ID.
Ex’s:
Sighting / folder 1: Wildbook for Carnivores | Login
Sighting / folder 406: Wildbook for Carnivores | Login
And all the 384 sightings in between.

I’m trying to give OrgAdmin access to a student working on these folders, on behalf of the data owner, who has the User ID under which this imageset was uploaded. The student needs to be able to re-run each of these folders through Identification so that she gets fresh match results to review & ID.

However, when I give her OrgAdmin access to the same org (BPC/WE), she is still not able to re-send these bulk imports through matching.

I believe the issue lies with the Org / affiliation that was used when these uploads were first done - it was “BPC”.

When BPC’s parent organization re-branded to Wild Entrust, we updated the Organization name in the User Management area to BPC/WE.

I believe that updated Org name created a disconnect between the org on the encounter records in all those sightings and the user rights management under the newer BPC/WE.

Is there an easy way to fix this so that I can give access to this student (and others who are working for the same org) OrgAdmin level access that gives them the ability to access the Image Analysis functions on bulk imports?

Thanks!
Maureen

Hi @ACWadmin1

Do you midn sending the username via email? orgAdmin should unlock the resend to ID function irrespective of organization. I’ll need to look more closely at the account.

Thanks,
Jason

1 Like

Just sent you the user IDs via email.

thanks!
M

Hi @jason - just realized that the data owner also does not have the ability to run IA on his own bulk imports, despite also having OrgAdmin access. I’ll send the user ID through email.

thanks
Maureen

Hi @ACWadmin1

It looks like we were still filtering this function to admin only. I have extended the option to orgAdmin, but treally we could make this a researcher-level function at this point. What are your thoughts?

Also, can you please test that at least orgAdmin allows re-ID for bulk imports now?

Thanks,
Jason

1 Like

Hi @jason -

I can confirm that it’s working at the OrgAdmin level now, thank you very much.

And YES!!! It would be terrific to extend this capability to the researcher level. I thought I’d asked for that previously and been told no; all of our researchers have asked for this functionality at some time or another so ACW users would be thrilled to have this for their own imports.

They have also asked for the ability to run IA on bulk imports with the option to run it just against “My data” but we haven’t had a response on that feature request yet. I understand why, you’re all swamped, but if it’s an easy change, I thought I’d raise it here too. It can’t hurt to ask…

Feature request: Re-send Bulk Imports to Matching - #2 by ACWadmin1

Thanks for this change - it’s very much appreciated!

best
Maureen

@jason, it’s funny though, because I’d given other users OrgAdmin previously and they’ve been able to send their bulk imports through IA without the full Admin access. These two users @BPC are the only ones who’ve had this issue.

M

Hi @ACWadmin1

I have filed this as ticket WB-1983 (allow researchers to resent to ID) and have the change ready. It will require an upgrade and restart.

We can deploy and test it as soon as this next large batch of ID jobs gets through.

Thanks,
Jason

1 Like

Hi @jason,

Would it be possible to deploy this fix today? Anytime after noon PT would be great, if that works for you.

Thanks!
Maureen

Hi @ACWadmin1

Yes, I can deploy at noon.

Thanks,
Jason

1 Like

Hi @ACWadmin1

This was deployed. Do you have a researcher-level account and a small bulk import you can test the resend with?

Thanks,
Jason

Hi @jason, it looks like the problem still exists. I logged in as the user and selected a sighting, clicked resend to identification and got this message:

Shortly after the error message appears, the page resets and the “resend to identification” button reappears, which I believe is expected behaviour.

I can confirm that this user ID, which is one of the 2 that are having this problem, has OrgAdmin level access.

Logged in using my own account, I am able, as expected, to re-send the same sighting, to identification.

Sorry!

Maureen

Hi @ACWadmin1

Would you be able to share those researcher-level credentials separately via email with me? I believe I can addresd this quickly but want to ensure I am solving the right problem.

Thanks,
Jason

1 Like

Done. Let me know if you need more.

thanks
M

1 Like