Turn off default checked setting in user profile settings of "Receive automated emails?"

What Wildbook are you working in? ACW

What is the entire URL out of the browser, exactly where the error occurred?
As we upload many citizen science contributions to conservation org ACW users, we are having to turn off the default checked setting for “Receive automated emails?” in each user profile. It would save a lot of extra time if we could have that setting default to unchecked because only the approved conservation org users are the ones who might want that setting turned on, even then, generally not.

Currently, in order to turn it off in each new user profile created by a photographer name and email in the bulk import, I have to go to User Admin, filter to each photographer name, select them one at a time, unclick the “Receive automated emails” checkbox, then enter in a fake user name in order to save the change to that profile. In order for that fake user name not to display in the user dropdown menus in a detailed encounter search, I have to start it with “Anonymous_” and also make sure it’s unique in the database.

We have a new, year-long citizen science census underway in Kruger Park which will be hundreds or thousands of entries. Changing the default checkbox for “Receive automated emails” would save me tons of extra manual work.

thanks!
Maureen

FYI: @PaulK

Hi, @ACWadmin1 !
I haven’t forgotten you on this one. I’ll be looking into it asap!
-Mark

1 Like

Hi, @ACWadmin1 !

I created a ticket for this: WB-1800. It’s on the docket!
-Mark

1 Like

Thanks @MarkF - I’m dying here with this… :tired_face:

My top support ticket, very high up on my priority list!
-M

@ACWadmin1 !
Actually, it would be super helpful to me if you emailed a recent bulk import spreadsheet with some of these photographers (mark@wildme.org).
Thanks in advance!
-Mark

1 Like

Thanks @MarkF! I’ve just sent the Francois Steyn upload file.

Honestly, I’m baffled as to why it appears this is happening even after I’ve unchecked the box. Maybe I’m crazy? (not much of a question there…). Maybe what I’m seeing is related to the delay of the email getting forwarded thru to my email address from the source email address(es)???

Anyway, if we’re able to have that box default to unchecked, I think that would solve my problem.

thanks
Maureen

Hi, @ACWadmin1 !
I’m about to deploy what I think is the fix for WB-1800. It looks like nobody has signed in since yesterday. Green light?
-M

Hi @MarkF - sorry for the delayed reply! Paul was just in but will sign out now. If you’re still available to deploy, please go ahead! and THANK YOU!!!

Hi, @ACWadmin1 !
Done! How does it look now?
-Mark

Ummmmm, what exactly was the fix? I just logged in as an admin and went to User management and the Create/edit a User still has the receive automated emails box still checked:

Is this expected? Also, would the fix possibly include unchecking ALL current users set up in the system? That would be really fabulous…

thanks
Maureen

@ACWadmin1 I thought this was for when users were created via bulk import or via single-encounter submission?

Is this expected? Also, would the fix possibly include unchecking ALL current users set up in the system? That would be really fabulous…

I will do this on the database side right now…
-Mark

Is this expected?

Yes

Ahhh yes! I’m working on another bulk import now so hopefully I can test it out later today and let you know. If that’s where the fix is, I’m sure it’s good!

thanks so much!!! This makes my day :relieved:

cheers
M

1 Like

Hi, @ACWadmin1 !
Let me know whether the bulk import thing works as expected!
Also, I updated the database such that every user is set to NOT receive emails.

Glad to make your day!
-Mark

Woohooooooooooooooooooo!!! Is it happy hour yet?? I need to celebrate!

thanks again @MarkF - you rock!!

1 Like

1 Like