"Undefined Encounters"

What Wildbook are you working in? Internet of Turtles

What is the entire URL out of the browser, exactly where the error occurred?

Can you describe what the issue is you’re experiencing?
Certain encounters in the project have “undefined” written down for the submitters as well as location and I am unable to edit them. I am not sure why this has been happening and was wondering if maybe it showed up differently for you.

Can you provide steps on how to reproduce what you’re experiencing?
Go to Red Sea Turtles Project and look at the “undefined” encounters. I have included some examples at the top.

Thank you again for all of your help

If this is a bulk import report, send the spreadsheet to services@wildme.org with the email subject line matching your bug report

HI @linaelsayed03

I noticed while looking at your other post about manual annotations that the cloned encounters for the manual annotations are also undefined: https://iot.wildbook.org/encounters/encounter.jsp?number=undefined

I’ll flag these as related issues to my teammates and hopefully we can resolve this soon.

1 Like

I forgot to ask this earlier, but did these encounters recently start showing up as undefined in your projects? I noticed the upload dates are pretty spread out so I don’t think this happened during the upload.

1 Like

Hi @Anastasia ,

Yes, I think once they were submitted they were fine and then recently they became “undefined”.

Thank you again for all you do.

1 Like

Thanks for your patience! It looks like there are 20 encounters in the project that are missing a user and location ID in the encounter’s metadata. If you let me know which users and locations should be assigned to each of those encounters, I can update them for you.

1 Like

Thank you, for user if we could assign it to RSPvolunteers and Red Sea for location.

1 Like

I’ve updated all the undefined encounters in the project. You should be able to edit these now!

Thank you so much for your help!

1 Like