Unknown Error at Match Result

In which Wildbook did the issue occur?

  • Amphibian and Reptile Wildbook

What operating system were you using? (eg. MacOS 10.15.3)

  • Windows 10

What web browser were you using? (eg. Chrome 79)

  • Chrome

What is your role on the site? (admin, researcher, etc)

What happened?

  • I have been getting the error message “unknown error” for every encounter in the project “B. variegata Northern Weser Hills” when I want to view the match results.
    Sadly for the past day, the results have only loaded and never displayed a result and the error just showed up. Could there be a bug you could fix? @jason
    Thanks for looking in!

What did you expect to happen?

  • I have had multiple data identified on multiple bulk imports. However, I have planned for it to take longer, but I did not expect an error.


Hi @MHederich

The machine learning server ran out of space. We have cleared up more space and any previously failed jobs should be re-run. We would anticipate these links resolving in the future as the jobs complete. I have cc’d Jason Parham in case he has more to add.

It looks like over the past 11 days we have processed more than 6000 ML jobs successfully. These should now complete soon.


1 Like

@MHederich The machine learning service is being restarted at the moment and should be ready in approximately 15-30 minutes. We have records of 720 jobs that are still in the queue for processing, which will be picked up automatically after the service comes back online.

Edit: the server is back online and receiving requests. @MHederich Can you post the link to that job that failed so we can monitor it?


@parham Thanks for the quick help!
Please excuse the flood of data causing this trouble. Also, some more old data will be uploaded in the next weeks. Hopefully, this will not lead to further problems! :frog:

Here is the link to that job: https://amphibian-reptile.wildbook.org/iaResults.jsp?taskId=29ea4ec3-02ee-46da-bcd5-9207baee36f4&projectIdPrefix=GU-%23%23%23%23%23
It has been loading for a while now, but at least no error! Thank you!

Thanks! I have set up a dedicated monitor for this issue, so it shouldn’t happen again.

As for the “flood of data,” no worries! We are always trying to keep ahead of the researchers trying to use these great tools, which usually happens behind the scenes. Sorry again that you ran into this issue in the first place.

1 Like

Hi @MHederich, it appears that the ID job you posted completed successfully overnight. I am going to do a bit more maintenance on the amphibian Wildbook this morning, but it seems like everything has caught up from the error you experienced a few days ago.

1 Like

Hi @parham, thank you very much for all the work you have put in. It is running smoothly again!

1 Like