Update occurrence ID

Hi Anastasia
I notices that the same error happened to one of our colleagues (User name FeliciaVachon)
And many of her encounter numbers are messed up
Is there a way to fix it on your end?
Here is a link to all her imports:

Moving this to its own topic since the original one was a year old.

This isn’t something we can update for her on our end. She will need to manually edit the occurrence ID from the Identity section of each encounter or delete and re-import these encounters after correcting the associated spreadsheet.

Make sure she reviews the Parsed Import Table in the Bulk Import workflow because this would have revealed that the wrong occurrence IDs were displayed before she committed the imports.

Here’s a link to Microsoft’s help for methods to get Excel to stop converting numbers in a worksheet. The title says it’s for dates, but these steps work for any other number conversions Excel tries to force: Stop automatically changing numbers to dates - Microsoft Support

Hi Anastasia
we now know how to fix this on import but this is old data that we now noticed has this issue… If I create a table of all current encounter numbers (the problematic ones) and the correspondent real ones, there is no way to do it in a bulk instead of one by one? There are almost 500 there
Thanks

Hi @Yaly

Given the age of the imports and the likelihood that the bulk import workflow back then may not have shown the discrepancy as clearly as it does now, we can make an exception to help clean up these occurrence IDs. Can you please email us a spreadsheet of the current sightings/occurrenceIDs and the corrected IDs to services@wildme.org?

Thank you so much Anastasia!
I will finalize the list and send it once I am able to log in to Flukebook again (exciting to see the new look)
Thanks

1 Like

Hi Anastasia
I sent the file to the email you wrote
Thank you!

1 Like