WBIA stuck? Some other issue?

In which Wildbook did the issue occur? ACW

What operating system were you using? Win 11

What web browser were you using? latest chrome

What is your role on the site? admin

What happened?
After @jason fixed the caching issue, I re-sent this bulk import to ID around 5pm PT yesterday: Wildbook for Carnivores | Login

It is still showing as waiting to queue even though there appear to be no other jobs in progress.

We’ve also had other reports of issues with images not displaying in match results, in encounter records and even a Top Spotter’s profile pic isn’t displaying - inspect shows me these errors:

Not sure if these issues are related but I thought I should mention them. I’ve asked the user with the image display errors to send me links to examples so I can share them with you. I’ll create another post for that issue once I get the links.

thanks
Maureen

I received reports of issues from multiple users overnight as follows:

Unable to complete a bulk import:
User reports: “The upload stops after the photo upload. I can choose files, “begin upload”, and click to confirm upload. Then, after clicking on “begin upload”, I get forwarded to “Bulk Import: Photo Review”, where the blue button at the bottom of the site, which would allow me to continue, is missing.”

Review of completed match results produces an error message or “Gave up trying to obtain results. Refresh page to keep waiting.”
Here’s an example URL:

No match results at all nor a status indication of each match, for this bulk import: Wildbook for Carnivores | Login

Bulk import still “waiting to queue” after 2 days: Wildbook for Carnivores | Login

Bulk import match results in error:
Example: Wildbook for Carnivores from this bulk import: Wildbook for Carnivores | Login

Image display not working: Wildbook for Carnivores | Login

Here is the link to one of the matches that showed an error:

And here is a link to a match that doesn’t want to complete:

There’s clearly something wrong on the server side. I’m continuing to get reports of issues as I write this; I’ll send a notification out to the user community.

Please help!

Thanks
Maureen

HI, just checking on various reported issues to see if the server re-start + log file changes fixed them all.

I just noticed that this bulk import is showing that all images are “invalid for image analysis”.

Is this related to the issue reported above or is this a different problem? I checked location ID and species labels and they’re all good. Don’t know what else would be causing this problem?

thanks
Maureen

Hi, I’m not sure if this is fully resolved yet. The owner of this bulk import reported that he’s having image display issues in his bulk import’s match results. He would have sent this to ID after the fixes @jason applied this morning on the server side. This is the same bulk import mentioned above that had an “invalid for image analysis” but then completed detection once this am’s fixes were implemented. I spot-checked a few of the match results from this bulk import and saw the same issue in some but not all of the match results from this bulk import:

No target image & missing image in first match candidate:

No target image & 1st & 2nd MiewID match candidates + 1st PIE v2 match candidate missing:

No target image & 1st MiewID match candidates + PIE v2 match candidates #1, 2, 5 & 9 missing:

Missing target image only:

Missing target image + MiewID match candidates 31, 2, 3 & 4 + PIe v2 match candidates #1, 2, 3, 4 & 8 missing:
https://africancarnivore.wildbook.org/iaResults.jsp?taskId=d8e9139e-0865-4bc3-a488-ef0e92def9fd

All target + match results images displaying correctly:

So a mishmash of what’s not displaying depending on the match results page.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Maureen

Also, a user reported this set of match results as a problem yesterday: Wildbook for Carnivores

It was listed above in the earlier post but is not resolved with the fixes @jason applied this morning.

Is the ID queue is stuck somehow? The first link above in this post has been showing as “waiting for results” for more than a day.

Thanks
Maureen

Do you have the direct link for the Encounter this is related to? I checked the taskID in obrowse and saw this, which leads me to believe the original Encounter may have been deleted: Wildbook for Carnivores | Login

Screenshot 2024-01-12 at 2.55.45 PM

Hi Sorry, you can close this one. I didn’t hear back from the user so I guess that encounter did get deleted. thanks

1 Like