Whiskerbook bulk imports stuck in detection for several days

What Wildbook are you working in? Whiskerbook

What is the entire URL out of the browser, exactly where the error occurred?

Can you describe what the issue is you’re experiencing?
User’s bulk imports were sent to detection a few days ago and have stalled.

I’m waiting for the spreadsheets to be forwarded and I’ll forward to services @ as soon as I get them.

thanks
Maureen

I spot checked a few encounters in each and didn’t see anything out of the ordinary. I was able to get the detections in the first import to complete. I’m still looking into why the other two don’t want to restart.

1 Like

Thanks for sending your spreadsheets. Again, I don’t see anything unusual here. I’ll need more time to figure out why WBIA isn’t cooperating with these imports.

1 Like

Thanks for your patience. A few retries got the second import going and there was an image in the last import link that WBIA didn’t like for some reason (possibly something in the EXIF data) but accepted when it was uploaded as a PNG.

Detection completed on the second import and is in progress on the third one.

Thanks for all the work to get this running again @Anastasia

1 Like

Hi @Anastasia, I noticed that this bulk import seems to be stuck at 104/105 detections complete.

If it’s one image in the batch that’s causing an issue, should I ask the user to delete it and just upload it via “add image to encounter” or via “report an encounter”? If you’re able to tell me which encounter, I’m happy to deal with it that way.

thanks
Maureen

We’ll see if it’s the same image still being fussy. I’ll let you know what I find out.

Yup, it was the same encounter image that was the culprit.

We didn’t end up having to delete it; we got it forced through detection and the import is ready for ID now.

1 Like

Yay! Thank you very much!!!

1 Like