Wild dog tail category detected but tail not annotated?

What Wildbook are you working in? ACW

What is the entire URL out of the browser, exactly where the error occurred?

Can you describe what the issue is you’re experiencing?
I did a search for images with keyword of long black tails and found this encounter record. Interestingly, it detected the tail category (long black) correctly but there’s no tail annotation. Obviously that’s possible in the system but should it be? If it detects a tail, shouldn’t it be annotated?

I think this is an @Drew question so I’m tagging you on this. I’d love to hear your thoughts. I was about to add the annotation manually but thought I’d share it first and hear your thoughts.

thanks!
Maureen

Hi, @ACWadmin1 !

So, I can confirm two things for you, if it helps:

1. This encounter has three keywords, including TailLongBlack.
  2. Using encounter search, searching for TailLongBlack in the dropdown menu under the “Image label filters” section searches explicitly for the presence of the particular keywords selected (in our case, “TailLongBlack”). So, for instance, using this search, the database query recorded at the bottom includes this expression:
&& feat0.asset.keywords.contains(word0) && ( word0.indexname == "8a80998471f6948f0171f69691bc0005" ))

, where word0 is presumably “LongTailBlack” and “LongTailBlack”'s index in the database is 8a80998471f6948f0171f69691bc0005.

As for why this encounter is missing the tail annotation and how/why it has the keyword in the first place, your guess is as good as mine. But it’s not a bug that it is popping up in the search results, given that it actually has the keyword.

-M

1 Like