Wrong location in bulk import uploaded

What Wildbook are you working in?
ARW
What is the entire URL out of the browser, exactly where the error occurred?

Can you describe what the issue is you’re experiencing?
I’ve uploaded 377 pictures and matched them. After matching I’ve noticed that I have uploaded them to a wrong location. Is there a way to change the location for all pictures at once? I couldn’t find anything in the manual
Can you provide steps on how to reproduce what you’re experiencing?

If this is a bulk import report, send the spreadsheet to services@wildme.org with the email subject line matching your bug report

Hi @LauraSchulte

There is no bulk data fix. For that project, what is the correct location ID? I might be able to make a database switch.

Thanks,
Jason

Hi Jason,

That would be amazing! Can I send you the list as an excel sheet?

Best, Laura

Hi @LauraSchulte

Yes, I would be happy to review the list. Is it just a swap of one location for another?

No I am afraid its individual locations, sorry. I cannot upload excel sheets here. May I send it to you via mail?

Hi @LauraSchulte

It would only make sense for me to do that cange if they can be fixed algorithmically (e.g., swap one value for another in every case). Options for you to fix them if the errors are randomly in individual rows of the spreadsheet:

• Fix them on each Encounter page

• Delete the bulk import and reimport with the correct values

Thank you,
Jason

Hi Jason,

Sorry for the late response. So I have an Excel sheet with the IDs and the correct location. Can I send this to you maybe?
Deleting and reimporing would not work because I have already matched all individuals.

Best wishes,
Laura

Hi @LauraSchulte

Unfortunately, line-by-line encounter fixing has to be done by researchers. We only fix data when there is scriptable logical to quickly make systematic fixes.

Thank you,
Jason

Ok thank you. Would it be possible that you change all of them to 51.4012 6.9973? Thats the location of many encounters.

Thanks a lot,
Laura