Wrong recapture output

What Wildbook are you working in?
Amphibian and Reptile Wildbook.

What is the entire URL out of the browser, exactly where the error occurred?
https://amphibian-reptile.wildbook.org/SimpleCMRSpecifySessions.jsp?male=male&female=female&unknown=unknown&alive=alive&dead=dead&numSearchedObs=1&lifeStageField=None&measurementsize(operator)=gteq&label0=None&numResights=1&satelliteTagName=None&biomeasurement13C(operator)=gteq&biomeasurement15N(operator)=gteq&biomeasurement34S(operator)=gteq&organizationId=None&projectId=7e64129c-2cee-4a1e-9271-4172730609dd&submitSearch=Search+Encounters&encounterExport=true&numberSessions=15&includeQueryComments=true&includeIndividualID=true

Can you describe what the issue is you’re experiencing?
When trying to export the capture-history of a certain location the outpout table is not correct. I.e. there are "0"s although the individual has been captured during that occasion. One example:

I know that all of these individuals have been captured at least once (since I was the one capturing and uploading the pictures). However, the output suggests that the latter two individuals haven’t been captured at all… I got this output for many more individuals.

Can you provide steps on how to reproduce what you’re experiencing?

  1. Search → Encounter Search →
  2. Go to Metadata Filters: Klick Project Name:
    those 4 don’t work: KB2021; MB2021; VB2021; KoVK2021
    (the others are working)
    click Search Encounters
  3. Click “Export”
    4.in “Mark-Recapture Export”, choose the number of capture sessions (in our case 15
    so far)
    tick the two boxes below (second is optional)
    click “Click Here”
  4. Open the file on your computer

→ in my case it looks like the example above

Do you have any suggestion what’s going wrong here?

Thanks for your help,
Pia

Hi @Pia

Thanks for reporting this. To reproduce and understand this, we need a list of the date ranges on the primary sessions. If there is a long URL listed above the browser when you receive the INP file download, that would give us exactly what you’re looking at.

One thing to keep in mind here: there is a difference between exporting a mark-recapture file from the Encounter Search versus the Individual Search. I believe your link above comes from mark-recapture export from the Encounter Search, which only includes matching Encounters from an individual’s history…meaning the individual’s entire history may not be represented.

Individual Search also allows you to export an INP file, and we would expect the individual’s entire history to be reflected in that context.

But for both, there are still other reasons an individual’s complete history may not appear. For example, if filtering on project, location ID, or other attributes, Encounters from an individual’s history that do not match those filters (e.g., have null values in those fields or are from non-matching locations and/or date ranges) will drop out of the INP file via Encounter Search or Individual Search as the criteria explicitly state they should not be included for consideration.

Thanks,
Jason

Hi @jason

Thanks for your answer.
I did solve the problem by coincidence and I can’t really tell what has changed.
I just tried it another day and used different search filters as you suggested and now it works perfectly fine.

Many thanks,
Pia

1 Like