Account reconciliation - delete user by admin keeps some part of the account in place?

What Wildbook are you working in? ACW

What is the entire URL out of the browser, exactly where the error occurred?
User Management tab under Administer

Can you describe what the issue is you’re experiencing?
As per the guidance to reconcile accounts (Reconciling your Wildbook accounts in preparation for Codex), I’m trying to delete accounts under Paul and I, that we don’t use and that have the same email address as another account we do use.

But when I selected the account to delete and clicked on delete, then refreshed, the account still appears in the list, although the roles associated with the accounts are gone (admin, researcher, rest, machine learning, orgAdmin). It still shows the email account and user ID, for example.

Is that correct? Is there anything else I need to do or should have done differently?

thanks!
Maureen

Hi, @ACWadmin1 !
Just to clarify terms, you won’t be deleting any users from the “Manage My Accounts” page - you’ll be consolidating them. You shouldn’t be still seeing the accounts after you click “Apply Changes”… it should tell you whether it worked or not. I.e., it should say something like, “User consolidation completed”. Did you ever see that?
I’ll try to reproduce your experience on my test dev hopefully tomorrow but at least this week.
Thanks,
Mark

Hi @MarkF! I hope you’re doing well. I was not using consolidate feature - these accounts are unused and so can be deleted. They don’t have any encounters associated with them either. So I was trying to actually delete these accounts as an admin. For your info if you’re trying to replicate.

cheers
M

Hi, @ACWadmin1 !
Thanks for clarifying. At your convenience, could you email me (mark@wildme.org) the email address and username (if it exists) of the account(s) you want deleted?
Thanks,
Mark

Hi, @ACWadmin1 !
Apologies for the late follow up to this. I ended up deleting the two users that you requested.
The problem ended up being that they were both members of the P&M-dogs Project. Once I removed them from the project, user deletion worked fine.

Cheers,
Mark

1 Like

Ahhh!!! Makes sense. Thanks so much for fixing this for me!

cheers
M

1 Like