ACW - a couple of bulk imports are stuck

What Wildbook are you working in? ACW

What is the entire URL out of the browser, exactly where the error occurred?
This bulk import has exceptions for the MiewID matches, similar to my earlier report from another user here: Wildbook for Carnivores | Login
Another user has this bulk import stuck partway through detection: Wildbook for Carnivores | Login

I won’t bother forwarding the spreadsheets since I don’t think the MiewID exceptions are being caused by an issue in the users’ spreadsheets and I think the bulk import stuck in detection is likely leftover from one of the server outages we experienced over the past little while.

But if you want the import spreadsheets, please just let me know.

thanks!
Maureen

I’ve re-sent this one to detection.

I’ve forced the exceptions back through ID, but I’ll need to check with my teammates to see why some MiewID jobs aren’t cooperating. So far has this just been happening for wild logs and leopards?

Hi @Anastasia - sorry I missed this post from you (I’ve suddenly been flooded with updates here!)

We only had wild dog and leopard batches being run lately until the 31st, when a user uploaded this hyaena batch. That one appears to have gone through MiewID successfully.

I hope that helps.

thanks
Maureen

1 Like

Hi @Anastasia - here are more affected bulk imports:

thanks
Maureen

Thank you. I’ll let you know if I need more examples, but it looks like this is pointing to a wider WBIA issue than one-off hiccups the IA process.

I’ll let you know as soon as I have an update.

1 Like

Hi @Anastasia - I just checked all the jobs and all but one of the MiewID bulk imports have completed (1 remains with 2 jobs in the queue).
It’s only the bulk import trying to get through detection that’s still stuck.

thanks for your help with this!
Maureen

1 Like

Ok, so it looks like these images are getting rejected from WBIA for some unknown reason:

My suggestion to work around this is to delete the images from the encounter, change them slightly in an editing program (such as resizing by 1 pixel or other minor edit), and then re-upload them to the encounter. This should trick WBIA into treating them as never-before seen images so they can stop being arbitrarily rejected.

Alternatively: there don’t seem to be any animals in these photos, so if they’re truly absent and not just obscured, it may be worthwhile to delete those encounters entirely.

Let me know if this helps.

1 Like