Auto-detection loads forever

What Wildbook are you working in? MantaMatcher for Guitarfish

Hello! We’ve passed the threshold of our first 200 encounters, and are ready to start having wildbook auto-detect our bounding boxes. However, we’ve found that the spinning wheel comes up and says “detection in progress,” but will never resolve- it just says “detection in progress” forever. Please advise!

Hi @FLManta

Did this just start happening today? I’m trying to figure out if this happened before or after our upgrade to 10.14.

Hi @Anastasia ! I believe our intern was having trouble with this starting from September 9th-11th (he flagged it to our team on the 11th).

Thanks! I saw a few examples in the import from your other issue so I think something else in the image analysis pipeline in misbehaving. We’re still looking into it.

I’m so sorry about the late follow-up. My teammates were traveling this week so I won’t be able to share an update until next week when they return. Thanks for your patience.

Not at all! We appreciate all of your help with troubleshooting this :slight_smile:

1 Like

Can you let me know which other users from your team are still missing detections? I’ve been reviewing your uploads and I all the most recent ones have annotations on them.

We’ve been conducting most of the uploads from our “Guitarfish Intern” user login so that our intern has editing access to them.

But I think he mentioned that the autodetection is going through now!

Gotcha, thanks!

I know I still owe you a followup on the matching behavior from this post: Match Results not showing all results

My teammates are back this week and we’re slowly catching up on the more trickier issues I wasn’t able to resolve in their absence.

Separately, while looking into one of the Guitarfish Intern bulk imports, I noticed that the same guitarfish was given two separate IDs:

This is the same photo, but the rostrom and body annotations somehow ended up as part of separate encounters. That appears to be the only one that was duplicated, but if you ever want to double-check for this kind of thing, go to Administer > Data Integrity and then select the first option for Annotations with Multiple Individual IDs and it will display any images that have been given more than one ID.

I think I’ve caught up on any missing detections from the Guitarfish Intern’s bulk imported uploads. Any that might have been missed can be manually annotated.