Basic question: Setting up admin for new instance?

What Wildbook are you working in? self-hosted for dev purposes

What is the entire URL out of the browser, exactly where the error occurred? localhost

Can you describe what the issue is you’re experiencing? I successfully run python -m wbia.dev --dbdir wbia-data/ --web and get a Web page to which I can upload images. However, I can’t figure out how to administer the site/users. There is no “Administrator” link as the documentation seems to imply. I’ve explored the sqlite database that gets created and see a contributors table, but nothing that seems like security / admin roles.

Can you provide steps on how to reproduce what you’re experiencing?

1. clone GitHub - WildMeOrg/wildbook-ia: Wildbook's Image Analysis (WBIA) backend service supporting machine learning for wildlife conservation
  2. run python -m wbia.dev --dbdir wbia-data/ --web
  3. open browser, go to localhost:5000 or whatever
  4. No “administrator” link obvious
  5. go to “login”
  6. choose new organization, new name
  7. enter test, test test. Logged in as test.test@test
  8. No administrative functions available

Hi @lobrien

I just wanted to let you know that our engineering team is focused on a grant through at least the end of September. WBIA is a very steep learning curve, and unfortunately we do not have good developer docs or bandwidth to assist with setup or experiments. Our apologies. We will be working in 2023 to improve the open source documentation and examples available. Feel free to reach out to me directly if you have additional questions: jason at wildme dot org.

Thank you,
Jason