Bulk Upload not loading photos in Sharkbook

In which Wildbook did the issue occur? Sharkbook

What operating system were you using?Windows

What web browser were you using? I tried on Microsoft Edge, Firefox and Chrome - all same result which is that the photos are not uploading with bulk upload.

When I upload photos in first step it seems to be ok whilst uploading with each photo going green. Once it takes you to the results it appears to list all previous photos I added in past bulk uploads. Rather than clearing cache and only uploading photos from the latest upload.
Then when I upload spreadsheet it seems to never load the photos.

What is your role on the site? (admin, researcher, etc) Admin

If this is a bulk import report, send the spreadsheet to services@wildme.org with the email subject line matching your bug report

Hi @Sarah_Aus_SpotaShark

This sounds like expected behavior. I have an explanation in this bulk import video on our Youtube page: https://youtu.be/ZCpU3dI2gig?feature=shared&t=86

The link goes to the timestamp that addresses what you’re seeing the Photo Review page.

Hi Anastasia

I sent you an email with an attachment of screenshots to show that I think there is something else going on here, and maybe its still a bug

Let me know what you think
Sarah

Ah, I understand now! Thanks for sending your spreadsheet and screenshots.

The problem is with the Encounter.mediaAssetX field. The X is a placeholder for a number. Since there’s no number, the bulk importer is ignoring everything in this field because it doesn’t recognize the field name. See our Bulk Import Cheat Sheet post for more details:

Amazing!!! Thank you for that clarification.

Could I suggest that the template is updated to just have it state Encounter.mediaAsset0 as the heading?

They should all have been updated across all Wildbooks last year. Can you let me know which link you downloaded the template from so I can double-check?

Hi Anastasia - it is the downloadable template from here: Sharkbook: Wildbook for Sharks | Login

Download the Wildbook Standard Format XLS template here. (“WildbookStandardFormat.xlsx”, updated 2024-04-06)

Thank you! I’m not sure how that one got missed. I’ll make sure it’s updated today.