Error in filenames with non alpha numeric characters

In which Wildbook did the issue occur? Flukebook

What operating system were you using? (eg. MacOS 10.15.3) Windows 11

What web browser were you using? (eg. Chrome 79) Chrome

What is your role on the site? (admin, researcher, etc) Researcher

What happened? When I use filenames for images in bulk import that have and underscore or dash, the platform doesnt recognize them and just concatenates together the alphnumeric characters into a filename that doesnt exist and lists the box as red in the summary. This may be due to my international computer from France.

What did you expect to happen?

What are some steps we could take to reproduce the issue?

If this is a bulk import report, send the spreadsheet to services@wildme.org with the email subject line matching your bug report

Hi @ShaneGero

We don’t accept special characters in filenames for bulk imports. From our Bulk Import Cheat Sheet:

• No special characters in your image file names. If it’s not A-Z, a-z, 0-9, space, or period, it’s a special character and may not play nice when uploaded.

You’ll need to remove the special characters from your file names, update the names in your spreadsheet, and then resubmit your bulk import.

Strange, we have been using - dash and _ underscore for years without an error, but now my colleague is and its not working. Is this a recent update?

Thanks!

I’m not sure how recent the change is, but that’s answered in the Bulk Import Cheat Sheet, too: