Exporting Images

What Wildbook should this feature be in?
GiraffeSpotter

What would you like to see?
We have a cowowrker who will be working on developing out ML for individual recognition. She needs the images themselves, and a table mapping each file to some individual ID. We can export the data we need just fine but getting the images has been the challenge. Since our field team in Kenya along with myself upload the images, we dont have access to all the imags on a single computer or drive so we were hoping to use the URL to extract the data from GS. However, with the user permissions, this doesn’t seem feasible. Is there any other way to do this? Since its quite a large volume of images across multiple sites, the ID book doesn’t seem to be a viable option.

Let me know if you think this is possible.

Thanks so much!

Hi @jenna

The Picture Book feature is currently the only way to export images.

Tagging @jason for visibility

Hi Anastasia

We also have a request to export images for one of our users, not sure if that has landed formally as yet.
Perhaps we can combine forces on this one to get the feature implemented. If I recall correctly the only way to do this required writing a custom Postgres SQL query.

Regards

Paul

CC @ACWadmin1
@jason

Adding @tanyastere for visibility.

Historically, we’ve taken the position of “we are not a data storage platform”. Given the implications with data ownership, cost of storage, and a number of other factors, this is not something I can commit to quickly. We will not be able to get this implemented this year, at a minimum guarantee.

Tanya