Grouper Spotter Platform Error message when matching

What Wildbook are you working in?
Grouper Spotter
What is the entire URL out of the browser, exactly where the error occurred?

Can you describe what the issue is you’re experiencing?
On an encounters where I have had to remove the annotation and create a new one and run a new match, it is unable to compete the matching.

Instead of finding a match or saying no match is found after about 15 minutes it just says “attempting to fetch results” but with no loading wheel or anything indicating it is still working on finding a match.

Also on encounters that already have annotations and matches we are getting error message that says.
“Error. Something went wrong when fetching the inspection image.”

Can you provide steps on how to reproduce what you’re experiencing?
Remove annotation
Add Annotation
Start New Match

For the other error - on an encounter that has a match hover over the match number and the error message pops up

If this is a bulk import report, send the spreadsheet to services@wildme.org with the email subject line matching your bug report

Thanks @accfish. I’m escalating this to our engineering team as this issue appears to be affecting multiple Wildbooks.

I’ll let you know when I have an update for you.

Thanks for your patience, @accfish. We’ve resolved the bug that was making WBIA start its weekend early. :sweat_smile:

Hello. I see you said you resolved the bug but our two issues don’t appear to be fixed. can you please double check thank you

Hi @accfish

Thanks for letting us know. When I tested your links after the fix was deployed, match results appeared to be displaying correctly.

I just checked the encounter from the matching screenshot you posted and the error message is gone when I hover over the match results: https://www.grouperspotter.org/iaResults.jsp?taskId=6c04d39c-dec3-49fe-a7b6-37a84961ad9c

However, if I go to the match results on one of the other encounters you provided, they don’t load.

Were any of these encounters part of a bulk import? If so, can you email the spreadsheet to services at wildme dot org so I can troubleshoot?

Yes they were all from bulk uploads. It was working fine before though. We will send the info your way

Thanks for sending the file!

When you said you consolidated your bulk imports, did you mean just for the sake of this request, or that you’ve been uploading 5k encounters at once?

Edited to add that I’ve also asked my team about this in case it’s related to a server issue.

Hi @Anastasia

We made sure that we we did bulk imports, we always keep the uploads to under 1000 encounters at a time.

@BTran Thanks for clarifying!

I may not have an update on this until next week. I believe this particular issue may be server-related.

I did notice some special characters in your file names (commas, dashes, underscores, parentheses) that don’t play nicely with bulk imports, but I’m still trying to research whether that alone would cause this error.

Hi @BTran

Thanks for your patience. I’ve flagged this for the team to review, but I unfortunately don’t have a timeline for a resolution at this point.