Messed up Occurrence ID

What Wildbook are you working in? Flukebook

What is the entire URL out of the browser, exactly where the error occurred?

Can you describe what the issue is you’re experiencing?
The occurrence ID is messed up while uploading, instead of 20220101 I get 2.0220101E7 which is a numeric representation but makes it harder for follow up in the future. I tried changing the format to text, number, general and more in the excel file but it stays the same

Can you provide steps on how to reproduce what you’re experiencing?

If this is a bulk import report, send the spreadsheet to services@wildme.org with the email subject line matching your bug report

Hi @Yaly

Is this happening with the spreadsheet you sent over recently (Flukebook_1)?

Yes exactly
thank you

Thanks for confirming.

Can you try editing the following items in your spreadsheet and then try deleting and reimporting the upload?

• Column A is missing the field heading but still has data in it. You’ll need to either delete this column or add the correct field to import it.
  • Change the Format for the Encounter.occurrenceID field from Numbers to General so that it matches the format type of the rest of the columns in the sheet.
  • Delete any fields that have no data in them (TissueSample.sampleID, Survey.comments, etc.).

Sometimes if one thing is off in the spreadsheet, it cascades into other strange issues for the rest of the import so I want to make sure we’re covering all bases here.

Let me know if it’s still creating weird Occurrence IDs after following the steps above.

Thank you Anastsia
I tried these things but still the encounter ID stays the same… :frowning:

Thank you for trying!

Let me spend some time researching this more. I appreciate your patience.

I don’t see a new bulk import from you in Flukebook. Can you send me the link to the new one, please?

I didn’t go through with it cause I could see the problem with the occurrence ID before
will do it now

Sorry, I should’ve clarified earlier that committing the import means that we’ll be able to see it and debug it on our end!

It’s interesting that the first two entries from the new import have the encounter ID appear normally, but the rest show up weird. Can you also email me the new spreadsheet to services@wildme.org?

Thanks!

No problem
sent
thank you!

1 Like

OK, it looks like Excel may be this issue, not Flukebook.

Sometimes when Excel is being funny about cell formatting, it can help to export it as a CSV, then open the CSV file in Excel and then save it as an Excel file again. You should then be able to re-import that file without any formatting issues.

I will try
Thanks
Yaly