Not Reading Underscores in Bulk Import Sheet

In which Wildbook did the issue occur?
GiraffeSpotter

What operating system were you using? (eg. MacOS 10.15.3)
Windows 11

What web browser were you using? (eg. Chrome 79)
Chrome 16.0.6478.63

What is your role on the site? (admin, researcher, etc)
admin

What happened?
Media Asset names have underscores in the file name. When I loaded a bulk import spreadsheet, the underscores in the media asset column are reading into the system and therefor not matching the media assets that are uploaded

What did you expect to happen?
I expected the media asset column to match the file names of the images that I uploaded

What are some steps we could take to reproduce the issue?
Attempt a bulk upload with the bulk import sheet that I will send you

If this is a bulk import report, send the spreadsheet to services@wildme.org with the email subject line matching your bug report

Hi @mbrown

This is a known issue. Bulk import considers underscores special characters. From our Bulk Import Cheat Sheet:

• No special characters in your image file names or spreadsheet name. If it’s not a letter of the English alphabet, 0-9, space, or period, it’s a special character and may not play nice when uploaded.

Here’s the ticket where this work is being tracked: display bulk import file name as uploaded · Issue #372 · WildMeOrg/Wildbook · GitHub

Actually, I mixed up the tickets. The one I pasted above was about preserving the spreadsheet file name. That’s one’s still in progress.

The one I meant to include was one for preserving the media asset file names and it appears that one was already resolved: display media asset file name as uploaded · Issue #412 · WildMeOrg/Wildbook · GitHub

But looking at your import, it appears that the underscores in your media asset names were replaced by periods (.)

I’ll need a little more time to research this. I’m going to draft a new ticket for this and I’ll post it here when it’s ready.