Still no detection after several hours on bulk import, again? still?

What Wildbook are you working in? ACW

What is the entire URL out of the browser, exactly where the error occurred?
https://africancarnivore.wildbook.org/imports.jsp?taskId=47a5ef5b-3e5d-43a4-a056-ae198e1c2d96

Can you describe what the issue is you’re experiencing?
I imported a batch of 25 images this morning and kicked off detection at the same time ~7-8am PT. As of 12:45pm, IA still hasn’t processed so still no annotations in the encounters.

I had the same problem with the last bulk import I did 4 days ago and reported here:
Very slow detection.

In this earlier instance, I just went ahead and manually annotated the 2 images and immediately after I did that, the IA status on the bulk import switched to Yes.

Is there a big job ahead of this one or is there a different problem causing this?

thanks
Maureen

OK, we caused this. Apologies. We moved your image analysis workload to a better server to ensure you have access to more processing power…and the configuration needed to point at the server didn’t get properly set due to a file permissions issue.

I have fixed the issue and was able to follow the link above and get detections kicked off for this import. I see results on the Encounters.

Please do let us know if this continues to happen. This should be the needed fix though.

Thanks (and apologies),
Jason

1 Like

Stuff happens! Thanks for fixing.

Maureen

Hi

I’m experiencing the same problem with Giraffe Spotter (https://giraffespotter.org/imports.jsp), I uploaded bulk photos twice but the IA is still no. Can you help to fix this?

Regards
Abraham

Hi Abrah, welcome to the Wildbook community forum! Do you have Admin level access to the Giraffe Spotter site in order to kick off detection? When images are uploaded via the bulk import process, the IA function has to be kicked off by an admin to begin the detection process. If you don’t have this access then you can post a support request here on the community forum to request that that be run for you, or contact the GiraffeSpotter admin directly to request this.

I hope that helps.

best regards,
Maureen

Hi Maureen

Thank you for your feedback. I have a researcher role in Giraffe Spotter and I don’t think if that is admin level access. If anywhere there is a Giraffe Spotter Admin please help me with this as I have other photos to upload which I think recaptures will be possible.

Regards
Abraham

Hello @abrah15 - Giraffe Spotter is currently experiencing an outage, please go to the home page to see the notification banner at the top of the page here: https://community.wildme.org/
That’s where you’ll see an update when the dev team @ Wild Me have resolved the issue.
Meanwhile I have posted your request on the Support page so that when the outage is over, someone from the team there will be able to assist you - Detection request from Giraffe Spotter user - once IA is working again

Also, please don’t upload images and/or excel files twice; if you’ve done that, you may also need to request that the admin delete whichever batch is a duplicate. You should only ever upload each batch of images once to avoid getting duplicate records in the system. You can see your batches by clicking on the Administer tab and selecting Bulk Import logs on Giraffe Spotter.

Maureen

1 Like

Hi Maureen

Thank you for your support. I checked on the Administer tab (see the attached image)

Regards
Abraham

Hi @abrah15 - unfortunately I can’t help you with this as I’m not familiar with the security settings of your Wildbook. If you post a support request for assistance on that page, the Wild Me team will address it as soon as they can.

best regards,
Maureen

Hi @ACWadmin1

Thank you for your feedback let me post it.

Regards
Abraham