Strange error on bulk import - unable to commit the results

What Wildbook are you working in? ACW

Can you describe what the issue is you’re experiencing?

Upon clicking the “Commit these results” button on the Bulk import review screen, I get this error message:

Strangely, using the same user ID, I’ve had a similar problem with another upload but after a few tries at ‘committing these results’, the previous bulk import uploaded without additional issues. The one that went through successfully after a few tries is this one: Wildbook for Carnivores | Login

I’ve emailed the spreadsheet and images to the services at email address.

Here’s the url for the latest iteration of the error page although it might not be particularly helpful: Wildbook for Carnivores | Login

Thanks for your help!
Maureen

Thanks for sending your spreadsheet! I’ll need a little more time to keep testing this and get back to you.

1 Like

I knew I had seen this error message recently and after some digging, realized it was connected to this Flukebook post. Excel was doing something to the formatting that prevented it from being uploaded correctly.

I tested your spreadsheet as-is and was able to replicate the error. After a lot of testing, if you open your spreadsheet, “save as” without making any changes, and then upload the new version, it will accept it. I can’t figure out what specifically about it ACW doesn’t want to play nice with, but that at least seems to be the simplest workaround for whatever is going on with the original file.

1 Like

Thanks so much for all the testing and investigating @Anastasia. That’s a workaround I can live with.

cheers
Maureen

1 Like