Bulk Import Duplicates IDs

In which Wildbook did the issue occur? Wildbook for Lynx

What operating system were you using? (eg. MacOS 10.15.3) Win 11

What web browser were you using? (eg. Chrome 79) Brave 1.6

What is your role on the site? (admin, researcher, etc) admin

What happened?
I am getting duplicate ids in the system as ACW got.(Getting "duplicate" ID's in system)
When I did the bulk import, everything seemed to be going well, but later, I realized that many names were duplicated. I deleted the bulk import, and the duplicated IDs are no longer there (at least, I believe so).

What did you expect to happen?
When uploading a bulk import with an existing animal, it should be assigned to the existing one and not duplicated.

What are some steps we could take to reproduce the issue?
To perform a bulk import with an existing ID.

If this is a bulk import report, send the spreadsheet to services@wildme.org with the email subject line matching your bug report

Hi @AntonAB

Can you send us the spreadsheet you used for this bulk import so I can use it for testing? serives@wildme.org

Thanks!

Of course, sent! :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Thank you! I’ll need more time to look into this. I’ll post here if I have more questions or have an update.

Hi @AntonAB

I wasn’t able to replicate this. I first checked to see if your individuals in the spreadsheet were already in the system and didn’t find any from the first several I checked. Then I did a test import with your spreadsheet and only saw one new record for each individual created and did not find any duplicate records.

If you run into this again, can you let us know and leave your import in place so we can better research it?

Thanks!

Hi @Anastasia
I was able to replicate it with the same bulk import.

Ex. 1

Ex. 2

Thanks!!

1 Like

Thank you! I’ll need time to research and I’ll follow up when I have an update.

I verified this was the same bug we encountered in ACW and Flukebook last year. I’ll let you know when the fix has been applied to Lynx.

Thanks!!! @Anastasia

Some of the duplicate records belong to JEX_admin and Cdm_admin. Are they part of your org? We don’t want to combine these individual records if they are in fact separate individuals.

More broadly, are there any examples of individuals in Lynx that intentionally have the same names but are confirmed to be different individuals? We’ve done some merging of individual records where it was obvious they were the same individual, but we don’t want to continue if there’s a reason the catalog was curated in this way.

In theory, there are not any examples of individuals in Lynx with the same name who are confirmed to be different individuals.
Does JEX_admin have duplicates? You can merge ID from And_admin, JEX_admin and CdM_admin.
I can merge the individuals by the web, but I don’t know if you have another speedy way to do it.
Thanks Anastasia.

PS: The bug is still there?

We fixed the bug that would create duplicate individuals during the bulk import process late yesterday afternoon. Our next step is consolidating any duplicate marked individual records in the system.

I believe it was Nebel that had encounters from JEX_admin and Cdm_admin across both marked individual pages. Don’t worry about trying to manually consolidate these. We’ll clean it up using a script. I’ll follow up here when that’s complete.

Could you give some examples of Nebel had encounters from JEX_admin? This must be a mistake

Hi @AntonAB, I’m sorry I overlooked following up on this.

I misremembered who it was, it wasn’t Nebel. I’m trying to find which lynx it was. I’ll let you know when I do.

Do you mean Andujar_Admin? There is no And_admin.