Internet of Turtles - How to ID a turtle

What Wildbook are you working in? Turtles

What is the entire URL out of the browser, exactly where the error occurred? NA

Can you describe what the issue is you’re experiencing? Please help us with how to identify individuals; when we click on visual matcher nothing happens.The automated detection doesn’t seem to be working.

Can you provide steps on how to reproduce what you’re experiencing?

If this is a bulk import report, send the spreadsheet to services@wildme.org with the email subject line matching your bug report

Hi @drobinson!

Can you post a link to an example of an encounter this is happening with so I can take a look at what’s going on?

Hi Anastasia,

Here you go:

Thanks! Give me some time to look into why detection hasn’t kicked off yet.

Ok, it looks like Loggerheads haven’t actually been configured for matching. It was originally listed as a means of collecting data.

The good news is that the detector is currently being worked on and matching should be available in the near future. I’ll follow up and update this post whenever that’s ready. :slight_smile:

Thanks Anastasia! Looking forward to getting the loggerheads up and running.

David

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: Hawksbill IDs - IoT

Hey Anastasia,
How far along are you guys with getting the loggerheads up and running for matching?
Thank you!
Tabby

We’re in the process of training our multi-species algorithm so it can replace Hotspotter on IoT.

We recently requested help from the community to volunteer photos of their known individuals to help us train it. So far, we’ve received hawksbill and green turtle examples, but none yet for loggerheads. If you’ve been uploading your loggerhead data to IoT and think it meets the criteria in the linked post, we’d love if you could help us train MiewID!