Internet of Turtles massive number of jobs in the queue

In which Wildbook did the issue occur?
Internet of turtles

What operating system were you using? (eg. MacOS 10.15.3)
Windows 365

What web browser were you using? (eg. Chrome 79)
Chrome

What is your role on the site? (admin, researcher, etc)
Researcher

What happened?
When trying to analyze matches over the last two days I keep getting a message “Waiting for results. There are currently 351 ID jobs in the bulk import queue. Time per job is averaging 1487 minutes based on recent matches. Your time may be much faster or slower.”

What did you expect to happen?
My data to be matched

What are some steps we could take to reproduce the issue?
I was curious if there was indeed a long ID queue or if the system was experiencing an outage

If this is a bulk import report, send the spreadsheet to services@wildme.org with the email subject line matching your bug report

Yes, there are currently 349 pending jobs in IoT this morning. The time per job estimate is not set in stone. You may want to check back later today to check on progress.

Will do! Thank you for the update

1 Like

I’m reposting this here as well as I’ve received a number of emails and support requests related to the IoT queue recently.

I posted a call to the Community this week for IoT users to help us train our MiewID algorithm for addition in IoT; in large part because HotSpotter performs much more slowly by comparison and MiewID can complete jobs 10x faster by comparison. If this sounds like something you’re able to help us out with, let me know so we can help get IoT performing to its full potential.