Missing Submitter Email Address on Export (Spotting Giant Sea Bass)

In which Wildbook did the issue occur?

Spotting Giant Sea Bass

What operating system were you using? (eg. MacOS 10.15.3)

MacOS 13.4.1

What web browser were you using? (eg. Chrome 79)

Chrome

What is your role on the site? (admin, researcher, etc)

admin

What happened?

when I export the data (in any format) there is either no column containing submitter email addresses or there is a column labeled “Submitter Email Address” but the whole column is blank (in OBIS format Excel export)

What did you expect to happen?

I expect to have a submitter email address attributed to each submitted encounter. I want to calculate the number of submitters per year.

What are some steps we could take to reproduce the issue?

Encounter search → search → export any Excel files.

If this is a bulk import report, send the spreadsheet to services@wildme.org with the email subject line matching your bug report

Thanks for letting us know! I’ll need a bit of time to work on this. I’ll follow up when I have an update.

Hi @andrewpettit Thanks for your patience.

Are you looking for just the email addresses from public submissions? If so, you can reference this post for instructions: Downloading User Emails? (Spotting Giant Sea Bass) - #2 by Anastasia

If you just need the submitter email addresses from both public and registered users, the steps are similar, except that you will do an Encounter search without adding filters for the Assigned to user section. You’ll just click the Search encounters button and then export email data.

Anastasia,
No. When I export the encounters, I want to know the email address attributed to every encounter. Currently that column is vastly empty. I want to be able to count the number of email address that submitted an encounter per year and the number of encounters each email address submitted per year.

Thanks,
Andrew

1 Like

Hi :slight_smile:

I think it may be another example of the “everything should be in the Excel export” request ?

@andrewpettit Thanks for clarifying. Lucas is right; this is a good candidate for the “if this data is on an Encounter, make it exportable” request he linked. Feel free to add your support there so we can track interest on it.

1 Like

I just commented on that forum.

Do you know if there is an update on this issue? Is there any chance this issue will be fixed in the near future?

Thank you!

Best,
Andrew

Unless it’s been explicitly stated by one of the members of our staff, the timeline for feature requests is generally that it will get done as time and resources allow.

1 Like